Healthcare Team

Clinical Pharmacists

We are pleased to announce that we have now employed 2 clinical Pharmacists, Evonne French and Khilna Shah.

Social Services

The Social Worker can advise on a variety of problems, including disability or learning difficulties or illness, family difficulties, bereavement and divorce, as well as general problems of coping with every day life. The Social Services Office can also put you in touch with:

  • An Occupational Therapist for special equipment or adaptations to help you cope at home, and advice on physical disabilities.
  • A Home Care Officer if you need a Home Help, or other domiciliary help.
  • An Under Eights Officer for advice on playgroups, childminders or nurseries.

Telephone the Social Services Office at Hatfield on 01707 283939. For Goffs Oak telephone Cheshunt 01992 311050.

Health Visitor

The Health Visitor is a qualified Registered General Nurse who has undertaken further training to specialise mainly in preventative care and early detection of ill health.

She can advise on health care, especially for expectant mothers, young children, the elderly and people with learning difficulties.

District Nurse

Patients confined to their homes or who need nursing care can arrange through the surgery for the District Nurse to call. The hospital will usually arrange for a District Nurse to call on patients who are leaving hospital and need nursing treatment at home. She can offer practical help, advice and support with the care of patients with a wide range of problems.

Community Psychiatric Nurse

The Community Psychiatric Nurses visit clients in their homes to give nursing care relating to assessment, treatment and ongoing care of people with mental illness in the community, and the promotion of mental health within the local population. This can take the form of advice, support, counselling, and help with managing
behavioural problems.