- Men and women aged 60–74yrs are invited every 2 years
- Over 74 can request a kit
- FOBt kit received in the post
- One off bowel scope test at 55yrs
- Must be registered with a GP practice to receive invitation
- Telephone: 0800 707 60 60
- Kit and invitation received in post
- Kit is completed at home and sent to the hub (please see Practical Tips diagrams below)
What happens then?
- Screening hub (Nottingham) analyses the kit
- Test detects tiny amounts of blood in the sample of poo.
- The FOBt does not diagnose bowel cancer
Bowel cancer screening kit: how to use
Instructions on how to use the home test kits provided by the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (BCSP):